30/07/2012: New Visa Policy for Indian Nationals
The Philippine Consulate General in Los Angeles wishes to inform the public of the new rules for Indian nationals traveling to the Philippines as tourists, as follows:
1. Indian nationals may be granted a visa-free entry for an initial stay not exceeding fourteen (14) days, provided they possess the following:
- Either a valid US, Japanese, Australian, Canadian, Schengen, Singapore or UK visa or permanent residence permit;
- A national passport valid at least six (6) months, beyond the contemplated stay;
- Return or onward ticket to the next country of destination; and,
- No derogatory record with the following Philippine government agencies: the Bureau of Immigration (BI), the National Intelligence Coordinating Agency (NICA), and the International Police (Interpol).
2. The visa-free entry is applicable only for arrivals at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) Terminals I, II and III.
3. This type of admission will be non-convertible to other visa categories.
4. While in the Philippines, Indian nationals who wish to stay beyond the initial fourteen (14) days may apply at the Bureau of Immigration (BI) for an additional seven (7) days, such that the maximum allowable stay shall not exceed twenty-one (21) days.
5. For those who are planning to stay in the Philippines for more than fourteen (14) days, Indian nationals may apply for a visa at the Philippine Embassy in New Delhi or at any Philippine Embassy or Consulate in a country where the applicant has legal residence.